At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management to operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
We're looking for an organized, flexible, and detail-oriented person who's enthusiastic about - and has a driving need to deliver--the best possible workplace experience for BrightDropers. This person will need to hit the ground running to set up operations and implementing programming aligned with the future of work at BrightDrop, scaling existing programs, strengthening vendor relationships, and leading a team that helps keep teammates engaged and productive.
- Work closely with Workplace colleagues, cross-functional partner teams, functional leaders, and executives to ensure that the office you manage is a safe, comfortable environment that reflect BrightDrops Workplace philosophies and enhance productivity
- Create great first impressions; guide the front office team to cultivate a welcoming and comfortable experience for guests and employees
- Manage a growing workplace team, develop their expertise, and facilitate their professional development
- Use vendor management best practices to provide BrightDrops best-in-class service whether issues are resolved in-house, by building management or by one of our partners
- Craft relevant communications and documentation regarding Workplace policies and programs
- Work closely with our Finance & Strategy partner to manage site opex budget and fixed assets; guide the team in submitting and maintaining POs
- Own office culinary program in order to provide healthy snack and beverage options
- Support space planning, office expansions, and layout changes as required; coordinate move logistics
- Ensure that the local Workplace Ops team and processes adapts as we grow
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in office/facilities management in a fast-paced environment with a working knowledge of building systems and operational best practices
- Demonstrated ability in vendor and budget management
- Experience managing and developing a team to achieve goals efficiently
- Strength in building relationships with key partners to ensure efficiency and understanding on cross-functional projects
- A proven ability to juggle multiple deadlines and projects; be highly organized with analytical skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced workplace with rapidly changing priorities
- An ability to operate independently, digging into problems to understand the root cause and delivering scalable solutions
- A driving need to deliver the best possible experience—you may have been called a perfectionist once or twice
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.