BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce.To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
As a SAP BTP/CPI Technical Lead you will be responsible for designing, delivering and supporting integrations via our SAP BTP/CPI! This connects our SAP S/4 Hana Cloud with cloud applications, GM’s on-premise applications and to external parties using technologies, such as EDI. This is a hands-on development role!
- Must be experienced in architecting, designing, developing, and supporting enterprise-wide Integrations using SAP BTP/CPI Platform in the cloud, including experience with API Management and Integration Advisor for EDI mapping and B2B Trading Partner management.
- Provide architectural and design guidance to the BrightDrop team and collaborate with our professional services partners (onshore & offshore). You will be accountable for the interfaces delivery as per project plan and priorities that BrightDrop is committed to.
- Experience with SAP S/4 Hana Cloud Integration architecture and the ability to define best practices.
- Collaborate with the team to drive innovation, share knowledge, and support each other. Develop and promote technical design standards, best practices, guidelines, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Computer Science or Engineering)
- 5+ years of experience in SAP S/4 Hana Cloud Integrations, SAP BTP/CPI technologies, IDOCS, Web Services, RESTful, DevOps concepts and practical experience. Must have experience of API frameworks, CPI Connectors like ODATA, SOAP, Restful Services, idol, https, sftp, etc.
- Must have experience with EDI X12 standards (EDI X12 850, 855, 856, 810, 997, 945, 946, 947, 943 etc).
- Must be able to drive offshore and onsite teams, including professional services; Strong communications and decision-making skills; Strong stakeholder management across all levels.
- Java Script, Groovy Script resources development is a must.
- SAP Certification is preferred.
- Must have hands-on technical skill in SAP S/4 Hana Cloud Integrations, CPI/HCI and EDI X12 4010, and the various CPI adapter capabilities. Experience with MuleSoft is a plus.
- Must be a flexible and dynamic and a good team player.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.