At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
As the Sr. Manager of Enterprise Applications you will own the strategy for BrightDrop's new SAP S/4HANA ERP platform, which includes maintaining and enabling capabilities based on new requirements. As a “trusted advisor” to business partners, you will bring credible insight and deliver robust solutions that leverage the technology!
- Hands-on experience and SME expertise on application areas such as O2C, P2P, R2R, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, WMS, Logistics and Engineering change
- Manage key relationships with strategic vendors (Offshore & Onsite) for ongoing support and enhancements
- Partner with IT Development team to maintain & enhance the new S4/HANA platform
- Translate the business capability roadmaps into technology roadmaps and implementation plans; partner with the Enterprise Planning team to schedule, prioritize, manage, and implement business and technology initiatives.
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure that business needs are met with a full grasp of process and technology implications
- Build and promote agile approaches to deliver easily enhanced initiatives
- Ensure all ERP Applications and business automation platforms are reliable, resilient, secure and compliant
- Participate in key project and solution design reviews as part of the methodology process to ensure solutions
- Regularly collaborate with the business community and provide ongoing status reports
Competencies & Experience Required:
- 15+ years of experience designing, implementing and supporting a tier 1 SAP ERP system, preferably in automotive
- BS/BA in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience building and developing teams in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Leadership: Direct and global experience leading teams overseeing end-to-end ERP lifecycles
- Collaborator: Ability to work cross-functionally with global business partners, lean into ambiguous situations to lead, take action, and deliver results
- Optimizes: Builds organizational capability, balances multiple stakeholders to achieve operational excellence
- Highest level of personal integrity consistent with BD values, respect, transparency, ownership and collaboration
- Strong techno-functional knowledge of SAP applications (e.g., FICO, HANA, HCM, SCM, SD, MM, PP, PM, WM, TPM, GTC)
- Participate in the architecture governance process
- Strong Functional and technical experience with project estimating and planning, utilizing best practices
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.