At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
What you get to do in this role:
- Collaborate with PM and developers to better understand how customers interface and use our product to design specific testing strategies for features being developed and automate them
- Architecting and driving complex performance testing / engineering projects that measure the characteristics of systems running under dynamic, real-world workloads for enterprise software and services
- Create infrastructure, automation, and tools that drive realistic loads against the core services of our platform. You will also enable peers in engineering, cloud ops team to leverage our tools to provide scalability metrics
- Collect and report performance metrics from test executions
- Deep dives with engineers to identify root cause analysis for performance bottlenecks and propose solutions
Qualifications of the Sr. Software Performance Engineer:
- 5+ years of experience in architecting and driving performance testing projects and solutions. Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architecture.
- Strong hands-on technical skills and experience in developing performance testing strategy and performance testing process
- Strong skills in JMeter and/or other performance testing frameworks (i.e., LoadRunner)
- Strong experience with Azure Cosmo DB
- Understand system architecture, carry out root cause analysis of complex performance issues, analyze results and recommend solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a drive for learning new technologies
- Proven ability to drive cross-team technical discussions and decision making with a proven understanding of SDLC concepts
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering with proven experience in performance testing for enterprise software products and service
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.