About the role:
BrightDrop is looking for a high caliber, experienced and motivated Program Manager with a passion for the details behind building life-changing products. This role is responsible for ensuring that the product has a clear end-to-end development plan and will work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to execute on it.
Access to advanced technologies and the autonomy to challenge convention creates the recipe for an exciting, fast-paced environment and energetic work culture. This is a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to innovate and scale products from zero to 1 in a new, undefined space.
As a result, we are looking for experienced, driven, self-motivated Program Managers who can help to establish frameworks and processes from day 1. Key responsibilities include:
- Work with Product Manager to develop product release plan, from inception to launch
- Be the single point of contact with cross-functional stakeholders like Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Design, Marketing, Customer Success to drive execution of release plan and related requirements
- Establish meeting cadence with cross functional stakeholders and drive meeting outcomes with action, owners and timelines
- Develop insight into processes and implement process changes to save costs and improve workflow efficiency
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data and results to executives, other cross-functional teams such as operations, finance, accounting.
- Evangelize process improvements within organizations including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Engineering, or related field
- Proven ability (5+ years experience) to manage large complex projects/programs, especially related to software and hardware product releases for B2B2C, in high paced, fast-growing tech startups or similar environments
- Deep understand of digital & hardware products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high comfort level presenting and interacting with C-Level
- Strong ability to work through ambiguity in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to influence and motivate cross-functional stakeholders through relationship building
- Superior organizational skills with ability to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Driven and proactive with a can-do attitude – no job is too big or small
- Have strong bias to action to drive end to end results
- Obsessed with attention to detail and optimizing processes to increase efficiencies
- Well-versed with project management tools and software (JIRA, Smartsheets etc)
- Analytical critical thinker, with experience collecting, structuring and analyzing data to drive key insights
- Master’s Degree, MBA or management consulting experience in Product/Operations strongly preferred
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.