At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emission delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets, tosoftware that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission, we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us. https://www.gobrightdrop.com/
What you will do:
- You will be working on a key differentiator of our software products: Data
- Develop a deep understanding of our target customers' needs as well as our real-time vehicle telemetry (e.g., location, speed, energy consumption, state of charge, tire pressure...) to build out a data platform to power the software applications we offer to customers to operate their fleets.
- Work closely with peers in product management, design, sales and engineering to design and develop data pipelines and delivery mechanisms, including customer-facing data services APIs and a world-class developer experience.
- Be the go-to resource for our data including how to interpret data elements, enrichment strategies, competitive positioning, and inspiring new customer experiences through available data.
- Has 4+ years of experience as a Product Manager for software, ideally with some experience leading the delivery of data related products or building product platforms.
- Strong collaborator who has the ability to understand the point of view of many stakeholders and effectively prioritize when building plans and roadmaps.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Has the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Experience with APIs or data infrastructure.
- Proficient in SQL language.
- Deeply curious, analytical, data-driven, and detail oriented. Able to find problems and solve problems through data.
- Startup mentality toward setting up new infrastructure, incubating products and iterating based on market feedback.
- Bachelor's Degree, or above, in computer science or engineering related field.
- Preferred: Previous work experience as a software developer or in developer relations.
- Preferred: Experience with IoT devices or vehicle telematics.
- Location: Based in Palo Alto, CA. In-person, hybrid or remote can work.
- This role will be leveled as a Senior Product Manager or Principal Product Manager depending on the candidate’s level of experience.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.