BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
This leadership position is key to establishing the foundation for Supplier Quality and Tooling excellence to build BrighDrop brand recognition for high quality and superior execution of our portfolio of delivery solutions.
Supplier Quality Responsibilities:
- Create and lead a premier team of Supplier Quality Engineers and provide assistance to them in meeting established schedules, resolving complex technical or operational problems, supervising engineering or analysis activities and developing new concepts, methods or technologies. Lead total ownership of supplier quality through the entire life cycle, from initial sourcing through development, tooling and build phases as well as product launch and ongoing supplier management.
- Build and implement supplier quality policies, procedures, processes and forms related to supplier quality engineering tasks, such as BrightDrop Part Approval Process (BD PAP), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), supplier audits, supplier scorecards (to assist Purchasing in supplier selection), supplier critical issue process and claim management.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Program Management.
- Ensure incoming parts meet design specifications.
- Investigate supplier quality issues to establish root cause, lead or facilitate problem solving activities using quality tools, identify and enact corrective actions.
Tooling Quality Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a premier team of SME Tooling Engineers.
- Work cross functionally with Design Quality, Supplier Quality, Product Design/Development and Purchasing.
- Institutionalize tooling execution for incorporation into upfront product design and development activities. Participate in DFM/DFA activities with Product Design/Product Development.
- Identify and develop tooling supplier relationships, lead tooling technical meetings and design reviews with tooling suppliers.
- Support improvement and confirmation of repair procedures for accuracy (process, labor times, safety, etc.)
- Develop ZPL (Zero Parting Line) strategy!
Education, Experience and Skills:
- BS in Engineering or Quality Management required
- MS in Engineering, Quality Management or an MBA (preferred)
- 5+ years of people leader experience on a Quality team leading 5 or more engineers
- Combined 10+ years of experience in product or program quality
- Quality audit certification (IATF, VDA, etc.) preferred
- Experience in the design, release, and validation of automotive components, industrial products or consumer electronics
- DFSS Black Belt and/or OpEx project leader experience preferred
- High level of independent judgment and decision
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills. Multi-lingual preferred
- Desire to build innovative and effective quality strategies
- Experience with IATF 16949:2016, VDA, ISO/TS 16949:2010, APQP, FMEA, PDCA, DMAIC, 8D, and problem-solving tools
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.