- Build approach and team to enable BrightDrop product sales to governmental entities at the Federal, state and local level
- Partner with governmental entities and outside affinity entities to educate governmental customers on BrightDrop products and features for bid specifications
- Provide advice and support to BrightDrop financial and commercial leadership on pricing
- Ensure bid opportunities are pursued and RFPs/bids/orders/etc are handled on a timely basis.
- Conceive and develop solutions to maximize effectiveness of the government business
- Strategize on inclusion of BrightDrop on contracts, tenders and co-ops that allow maximum piggyback opportunities
- Work cross-functionally to streamline and improve productivity, implement change, and enhance sales and profitability for the fleet vehicle portfolio
- Remain up-to-date regarding products, features, updates to products, services and processes
- Recruit, hire and mentor/lead team members as approved.
- Other duties as prescribed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of commercial sales and account management experience
- Understanding of and previous experience with US Government / GSA procurement process
- Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- This assignment involves a high level partnering and independent judgment, decision-making, accuracy and integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork
- Strong oral and written communication skills (effective communications up/down/across the organization)
- Strong business acumen and data analysis skills
- Project management skills - action oriented, works towards deadlines, manages team deliverables, with a sense of ownership and urgency
- Willing to make a recommendation, even if unpopular, and support with logic and facts
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Must be able to travel as required for meetings/conferences/events
- Ability to read/write/speak French language
- Experience with sales to state/provincial/local governmental entities
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.