At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
You will be accountable for building and maintaining the relationship with the end-user (i.e. Business Team/Customer) for medium to large scale projects. Responsible for partnering with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Order Management and other stakeholders to deeply understand their business needs, prioritize them against overall business goals, and provide architectural and technical design inputs.
If you're seeking to work in an innovative and diverse team to contribute, this may be the position for you.
- Work with customer-facing teams to be the subject matter expert by defining vision, strategy, and multi-year product roadmaps for go-to-market strategy
- Translate product strategy & business requirements into well-architected solutions that best demonstrate the Salesforce and other platform and integrations across IT
- Serves as the technical leader and work with business users to elicit requirements via interaction design sessions, business process descriptions, use cases, data analysis, and task workflow
- Works closely with third-party vendors including software providers and consultants to implement new solutions like Partner Portals or enhance existing CRM, CPQ system, etc.
- Draft design documents, gather requirements, build test and deployment plans, manage communications, and own initiatives from inception through rollout
- Builds configurations using recommend best practices while delivering scalable high-quality solutions to integrate Salesforce with downstream systems
- Partners with the business to build user acceptance test cases, perform hands-on testing of an application, including integration and regression testing
- Comfortable and confident in navigating the Salesforce platform, troubleshooting issues, and supporting implementations including configuration and data migration/management
- Drives adoption of technology and process changes by developing training plans & materials along with providing training to end-user
What you’ll need to know:
- 8-10 years of total experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred - Business/Economics, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- Deep understanding of Lead-to-Order/Customer Success business processes and systems related to Marketing, CRM (Salesforce ecosystem), CPQ (Salesforce), Pardot, PRM, Customer 360, Service Cloud
- 5+ years of experience designing solutions and building requirements for SaaS Salesforce CRM, CPQ and ERP, DocuSign platforms that translate into low friction and high impact business processes.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Salesforce and Admin Certification
- Ability to write and lead functional requirements including documenting business process modeling
- Experience working with agile methodologies, systems implementation practice, or management consulting firm is a plus
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.