At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
BrightDrop is looking for a customer-obsessed, nimble, product owner to support the after-sales and customer care teams. The ideal candidate eats, sleeps, and breathes the post sales aspects of the customer journey. They’re able to build products and recommendations around order management, case management, and everything else that promotes loyalty and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive approach to deliver multiple complex products, capabilities, services, or enhancements as it relates to our bespoke, after-sales customer portal. In this role, you’ll influence design (UI/UX), provide product direction and work with other product owners, business leaders, and a cross-functional Scrum team to deliver solutions to our customers, dealers, and qualified repair partners.
If RTNTN, NPS, and CSAT are your favorite acronyms, this role is for you.
- Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact
- Facilitates business decision-making processes
- Captures and disseminates product and business information
- Engage with stakeholders as a subject matter expert to understand business needs for in market products, capabilities, services.
- Advise stakeholders on upcoming trends
- Communicate product performance and value
Backlog/User Story Management
- Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for large, complex initiatives.
- Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Negotiates with stakeholders to manage competing priorities and conflicts.
- Establishes requirements baselines.
- Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and managed.
- Contributes to the development of organizational methods and standards.
- Prioritize and maintain a product backlog and user stories, ensuring product execution aligns with strategy and requirements
- Understand and influence product strategy and roadmap.
- Support scrum team and maintain release train using Scrum best practices.
- Ensure scrum team has information needed to deliver consistent velocity
- Collaborate and propose ideas for enhancing product performance and achieving product success against KPIs
- Lead Scrum team to build, enhance, and manage products, capabilities, or services
- Coordinate with other agile product owners to deliver stories that cross multiple delivery streams
CONSIDERED A PLUS
- Understanding of the following technologies: ReactJS, Java, Azure, Mulesoft AnyPoint CloudHub (iPaaS), Salesforce
- Experience in analytics, BI platforms (Tableau, Power BI, Minitab, SAS, etc.)
- Experience building out B2B Communication/Engagement Platforms (i.e. Portals, Customer Communities, etc.)
- Experience building capabilities/processes supporting warranty claims, part/product orders, subscription models, and/or field service.
- Automotive industry experience
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Analytics, or related field
- 5 years; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Working knowledge of SAFe Agile Methodolgy
- Experience with Agile/Scrum teams integrated with traditional PPM methods
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role
- Using expertise, resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Strong skills in problem solving, predictive analysis
The expected base compensation for this role is: ($106,460 - $161,240 USD Annual). Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.