At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management to operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
- Provides assistance in analyzing and solving complex manufacturing problems
- Coaches, trains, develops and evaluates employees
- Assists in obtaining resources to effectively perform operations/projects
- Collaborate with outside teams and functions
- Administers divisional and Corporate policies
- Meets cost, schedule and quality requirements
- Maintain Corporate and unit management control systems, budget and other information necessary to monitor performance and maintain safety culture
- Establish recommendations to accomplish completion of projects
- Work involves a considerable amount of initiative in decision-making accompanied by a high level of independent discernment
- Assist in the implementation and coordination of manufacturing objectives.
Responsible for directly working with BrightDrop program/product teams on advanced future products and will be the manufacturing voice from concept through prototypes.
Person will also be responsible to facilitate and enable product and process decisions regarding content, new technology implementation and issue countermeasures in regard to customer expectations.
Person will also be responsible for leading a team of manufacturing engineers.
Person will be responsible for the development and daily management of an Additive Mfg lab in Palo Alto and Atlanta.
Directly support the First Mile/Last Mile leadership team to develop a long-term manufacturing plan to ensure quality, meet volume forecasts and program profitability. They will support EP1 product team and support execution as needed. This will include cross functional engagement in manufacturing and program discussions.
BS in Engineering (Masters preferred)
Combined 10+ years’ experience in Global Manufacturing
Experience leading product-based projects through execution
Experience leading technical manufacturing operations
Experience in manufacturing operations
Experience in application of lean mfg principles and/or GMS
High level of independent judgment and decision making
Comfort working independently within ambiguous and often changing objectives
Ability to work comfortably and effectively with cross functional team
Action-oriented and drives for results
Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Knowledge of various composite materials and manufacturing processes
Hands on experience with additive manufacturing equipment and capabilities
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.